Thursday 13 January 2011

Clark Ashton Smith: 118 Today


I really should put important dates like this on a calendar.  However, James Maliszewski doesn't let the side down, as he pays tribute to Klarkash-Ton from a gamer's point of view, while Shane Mangus tips his hat.  In lieu of the sort of post Smith deserves, I'll just include a link to a video I greatly enjoyed of the man's work.

A significant milestone will be later this year, as it will be the 50th anniversary of Smith's death: coincidentally, it'll be the 75th of Howard's. While I'll obviously be observing the latter, I'm going to make a special effort to observe the former, too.  Smith's often considered the forgotten third of the Weird Tales Troika, and frankly, it's criminal. Let us not forget Clark Ashton Smith.

2 comments:

  1. Rlim Shaikorth for president.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Let us not forget Clark Ashton Smith."

    Well said, Al. I have only in the last few years come to really appreciate the writing of Clark Ashton Smith, but now I certainly consider him the equal of REH and HPL. Just an amazing writer.

    ReplyDelete